Recently a meeting “The Law of Ukraine “On Education”: the integration of college and university” was held at Sumy National Agrarian University with the participation of the Deputy Chairman of the Sumy Regional State Administration MykolaPodoprygora, the Director of the Department of Education and Science of Sumy Regional Administration Victoria Hrobova, the rector of SNAU VolodymyrLadyka, vice-rectors and the directors of the SNAU colleges and HlukhivAgrotechnical Institute.
The main issue on the agenda was the direction for the development of colleges - reforming the training in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On Education” and providing financial support for colleges with the participation of state and local budgets and businesses. Nearly all participants of the meeting shared their thoughts on this issue.
The basic report was made by the rector of Sumy NAU VolodymyrLadyka. In his speech “The Law of Ukraine" On Education ": the integration of college and university” he provided information on the implementation of the profiling of training areas in the colleges of Sumy NAU.
In conclusion, the participants exchanged views, and the directors of the colleges were offered:
- to consider the issues of college reform taking into account the implementation of the Law of Ukraine “On Education”;
- todraw attention to the need to create centers of vocational education on the basis of colleges with the involvement of professional lyceums;
- to determine adult education as the priority for development of vocational education;
- to hold a meeting on the functioning of colleges with the participation of employers in order to determine the strategic directions for the development of a vertically integrated system of agricultural education;
- to promote the development of dual education and further integration of educational and production activities in order to ensure the quality of training specialists in accordance with the requirements of production.